Just last week, I attended an event that looks like it might have me applying for another credit card simply for the benefits and the perks. Citibank and Grab Philippines have teamed up to offer even more benefits for individuals who are already using credit cards and the Grab app and want to take advantage of both platforms. Citi X Grab has me excited to learn how these two well known and trusted companies can make my life easier.
Admittedly, as much as possible, I try not to use credit cards. But because we live in a technology driven, app laden world where we have to be able to multitask and do it well, I of course, have a card that is used for emergencies and online purchases.
CONFESSION: There are days in my life when I completely feel like I’m failing, but then there are also days where I feel like I hit the jackpot.
Days when I hit the jackpot usually involve me being able to leave the house for work, fit in time to write, manage to cook dinner, and spend time with Nino and my kids. Some days fitting all those tasks in also means that I have to balance the cars, the schedules and carting the kids to and fro school, sports, and study groups. Shucks my head is spinning right now, thinking about all of that.
I can do all of these things with many helpers. Helpers in real life come in the form of angels on Earth, apps that help me manage my deliveries and pick ups of my big kids in college, and apps that help me organize my life.
One app that has slowly become a necessity in #TeamGellibean’s daily life is Grab. When the kids are out, or when I have meetings, or when someone wants milk tea, we have used Grab again and again to meet our needs and our wants.
So why does the partnership #CitiXGrab excite me?
Well, it’s the first of its kind here in Southeast Asia.
YES, the Philippines got it first!
This co-branding of a sleeker new card (that is not embossed) feels so millennial yet has all the tradition and dependability that Mastercard has offered all of us for years.
Once you are approved for the credit card, you can:
- immediately be upgraded to Grab’s platinum membership tier for 6 months
- avail of exclusive offers on every day services through Grab
- earn up to 10x points on all your spends
- earn 3x points on dining, entertainment, and online subscriptions, while all other spend will earn 1 point for every P30 spend
- avail of 12 FREE Grab rides upon sign up equivalent to P2,500 worht of GrabPayCredits upon spending the first P10,000 within 60 days of using the card.
- also get FREE Grab vouchers worth P2,000 when they use the card to top up their GrabPayWallet with at least P1,000
- enjoy zero Membership fees for principal and supplementary cards for the first year
- go cashless for greater convenience when using Citi points to pay for Grab services
- take advantage of easier and seamless points redemption
Citibank and Grab have had a longstanding relationship providing rides, deliveries, discounts to restaurants and perks of using your Citicard in conjunction with your Grab app since 2016.
So doesn’t it make perfect sense for them to take the partnership one step further in providing better discounts and upgrades for people like us who will use both of these platforms for convenience?
If you would like to apply for your own CitiXGrab credit card visit https://www.citibank.com.ph/gcb/creditcards/grab as early as June 17th to fill out the online application. And because time is precious when you live #LifeInTheFastLane, your application process will take as little as 7 minutes. Yes. That fast. That convenient.