So I think I have perfected my homemade Beef Tapa Recipe.
I have always made my own tapa at home. I felt like it was so much easier to do than making my own tocino. I thought I would share this recipe because it’s so super simple. I’m making a big batch tomorrow for my Filipino brunch that I will serve on Saturday for my annual cookie swap.
Do you have your own recipe for the tried and true Pinoy Brekkie items that we all love?
Would love to hear about your recipes and what works for you!
- 1 kilo of thinly sliced beef sirloin
- 4 cloves garlic peeled and minced
- 1/2 c. dark brown sugar
- 1/4 c. Kikoman Soy Sauce
- 2 cubes of Beef Bouillon (without MSG)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Canola oil to fry
- Wash and prepare your sirloin.
- Break up your beef bouillon cubes into a powder.
- Add all ingredients into a bowl with the thinly sliced sirloin and massage to distribute ingredients evenly.
- Let this mixture marinate for one whole day. I package the meat into two different resealable bags for our family of 6. When it has marinated for one day, I fry one bag and freeze the other to be cooked at a later date.
- Fry in a little bit of canola oil on a medium low fire and serve with your own sidings, rice, and egg.
- Tip: Double the recipe and package in smaller resealable bags to keep in the freezer.
- Substitution: If you do not want to use beef bouillon, a tasty substitute is Braggs Liquid Amino Acids.