I love sharing recipes with my momma friends. It’s like an added bonus to your kitchen prowess if you can take a recipe from a friend that is tried and true, and make it your own. (That’s what you do right? You make it your own?) When I ask for a recipe from a friend, I usually tweak it just a bit so that it fits my family’s taste and is even easier for me to make.
It’s like the recipes we share make me BETTER in the kitchen…And anything that makes me better is a good thing…just like BETTER ME.
So when my friend Kris over at OC Mom in Manila, asked me if I wanted to participate in a Recipe Swap, I said YES, of course!
You know what I loved about all of the recipes that each of us shared? THEY WERE SO DARN EASY! AS IN…SOOO EASY. I feel like if I had to whip up a quick meal, I could make all of the items that we learned (because they kinda fit together) and everyone would be really happy.
Confession: I have only used Lee Kum Kee in the house for five different recipes.
- I have used the Hoisin Sauce for steamed bok choy.
- I have used the sachet for Lemon Chicken.
- I have used the sachet for Spare Ribs.
- I have used sesame oil in a variety of different recipes, including a recipe that I came up with for the kids lunch boxes for Appetite magazine with Nina Daza. (Look for that recipe in the June issue, kay?)
- Oh-and one more-I have use the XO sauce on steamed broccoli with garlic.
But-I have always been unsure of myself when it comes to using the Panda Oyster Sauce. Because it is oyster sauce, I always thought that since it was OYSTER sauce, that it was best with seafood. Boy, was I wrong!
As many of you know, my comfort food has always been Italian American in nature. I have enjoyed experimenting with mostly European flavors and have rarely ventured into Asian Cooking. I am a little bit more brave now in my cooking skills…Nina helped me explore that side of my cooking, and now with the help of Lee Kum Kee, I have an even greater confidence in experimenting with Asian flavors in the kitchen.
In fact, when I was speaking with my friend Kaye, she mentioned that I should even try using the Oyster Sauce in dishes that I would make like adobo!
Can you say MIND BLOWN?
Seriously. I would have never thought to add these sauces to Filipino dishes!
Surely, I will be sharing more recipes as I perfect them with these sauces. Seriously??? SO DARN EASY! AND…packed with flavor!
Ok, so part of the reason why all these sauces are so packed with flavor is their fermentation process.
Here’s some trivia and facts for you:
- Lee Kum Kee is a family owned business that began in 1888
- LKK is on its 5th generation of family members who look after the company. (That’s keeping it in the family!!!)
- The LKK Premium Soy Sauce uses only the finest quality soy beans.
- LKK Soy Sauce has to naturally ferment from 100-200 days to reach optimum flavor.
- Panda Oyster Sauce is the leading oyster sauce ALL OVER THE WORLD that consumers know and buy and use in their own kitchens.
And just in case you were curious what we all contributed to our Recipe Swap, we have prepared this lovely little cook book. I LOVE IT! You can print the whole thing out and keep it for the books.
Note: For my pan grilled Salmon dish, you can make a few adjustments if you have to. You can bake it, broil it, or even grill it on a BBQ grill. The way I originally made this dish with my friend Christie was atop a soaked cedar grilling plank. It was lovely.
Here’s the thing: Lee Kum Kee Philippines is running a fantastic contest where you will be able to win a ton of loot for your kitchen, if you are creative enough.
Remember, the photo contest is also based on CREATIVITY. So prepare your yummy dish using ANY LKK product AND post on their FACEBOOK PAGE using the correct hashtags. Also-if your account is set on private-they won’t be able to find your photo no matter HOW many hashtags you use so if you wanna win, set your account to public.
25,000 WORTH OF KITCHENWARE Gift Certificates to be won!
1st prize Php7,000
2nd prize Php5,000
3rd prize Php3,000
10 Bonus Prizes Php1,000
How to join:
1. Cook a dish using ANY Lee Kum Kee product.
2. Take a picture of the dish and the Lee Kum Kee product used. Name the recipe then upload.
3. Use the hashtags #LKKRecipesByMe #(LKKProduct) (Example: #PandaOysterSauce)
*Winners will not be determined by the number of likes.
*Winners will be picked at the end of the promo period.
Terms and conditions apply. http://on.fb.me/1J4QP8h
All the photos in my post were taken by the event official photographer. His shots were so much better than mine! 🙂