I have always loved polvoron.
My favorite flavor when I was younger was pinipig polvoron.
I never imagined that I would one day learn to make this delicious treat…AND that it would be so easy!
Since moving here to Manila, I have tried a couple of different recipes. Nino’s great grandma had a recipe that has been passed on through the generations which called for Star Margarine, and I have researched a few online. Even my friend Michelle, over at My Mom Friday has this yummy Cheese Polvoron recipe that she posted.
I was inspired by my friend Dottie Pasia when she gifted us a jar of home made oreo polvoron that her Yaya Lily made. I packed them in the lunchbox for the kids earlier this week, and they were raving about it when they came home. So much so, that I asked our helper Joann to see if we couldn’t come up with something similar.
If you have the chance to try the recipe out, do share what you think and if you were able to make any adjustments to make it even better?
Happy Polvoron Making!!
- 2 cups powdered milk
- 2 cups toasted all purpose flour
- 2 cups oreo crumbs
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 1/4 c melted butter
- Toast flour in a non stick frying pan over medium low heat.
- Be careful not to burn the flour.
- Let cool.
- Mix all ingredients together well.
- Compress using Polvoron mold.
- Wrap individual pieces of polvoron with pre-cut cellophane.
- I picked up my molds and cellophane at local bake shop Dough It All, but I'm sure you can also find these in your favorite grocery store too.