Recently, I was invited to a media event where I learned more about Spinal Care Chiropractic in BGC.
Last week was a week chock full of healthy learning experiences. I can’t wait to share them with you on the the site. One thing is for sure, taking care of ourselves and our health is all encompassing. This includes diet, exercise, our gut health, and even our spine. @spinalcareph in BGC helped me understand how so much of how we feel can be traced back to our posture and spinal health. Oh and my favorite quote from the day? “Sitting is the new smoking.” Say huwat?!? Yes, you heard me. Get up and start moving! #spinalcareph #healthcare #healthy #health #chiropractic #alternativemedicine #holistic #healing #fit #medicine #heal #manila
I have sought Chiropractic Care when I was younger and still leaving in New York. Dr. Lombardi was my dad’s chiropractor and when I ran into some problems with sciatica, I started seeing Dr. Lombardi too. I enjoyed the treatments for a few months and when I began to feel better, I didn’t need to visit Doc with my dad anymore.
However, it was during my time in the Spinal Care office where I learned of many common misconceptions, including the assumption that you only need to see the chiropractor for back pain.
2018 is going to be the year that I start feeling better. Admittedly, I do try and make healthy decisions when it comes to my food intake and my exercise routines. However, there are so many more changes I can make to achieve an overall state of wellness.
“The hidden reality of one’s spine is that it affects everything regarding sickness and disease. It is not a specific treatment for any disease or condition but instead, chiropractic care focuses on the inherent ability of the human body to heal itself.”
Ok, let me elaborate. I have been researching Intermittent Fasting. I have been researching how many diseases begin in the gut. I have been researching about how EMF’s not only affect sleep patterns but can cause cancer. I have been researching about how sugar is poison.
YES, sugar is poison.
BUT, again, while I’m writing about one topic, because all of this is somehow interconnected, when we are talking about health and wellness, I am sorry that I digress.
Let’s focus again on how this particular alternative form of healthcare can help one achieve a better sense of wellness.
Spinal Care Chiropractic uses the Gonstead technique. This is one of the safest and most effective forms of chiropractic care.
Here in the Philippines, the only chiropractor practitioner of the Gonstead technique is Dr. Daniel Su. Dr. Daniel has completed the third level in the Gonstead Ambassador Program on top of earning both his bachelors and masteral degrees in Chiropractic studies.
What differentiates Gonstead from the other forms of Chiropractic Care?
“The Gonstead technique is conducted with a thorough analysis of the whole spine to detect the presence of spinal misalignments or subluxations.”
In layman’s terms, it’s much more specific in the adjustments. You won’t have her whole spine adjusted in your first visit. You won’t even have your whole spine adjusted in your SECOND visit. Instead, Doc Daniel will take the time to really assess your overall state of health and make small adjustments that are not invasive or hard for the body to receive.
What should one expect from their first visit to the state of the art clinic in BGC?
- Clients can make an appointment through the website or office telephone number
- Clients fill out all forms giving Dr. Su a thorough background on any ailments or issues.
- Clients will then watch a video in the comfort of the waiting room to create a better understanding of what their treatment will entail. (side note: Chiropractic care is not a quick fix if it is done right. It’s a treatment that will empower the client/patient through a thorough analysis and gentle adjustments OVER TIME.)
- Female clients will then change into a robe (Men can remove their shirts only.) so that Dr. Su can assess and document posture and gait.
- Assessment of posture includes three types of photos
- Left Side Photo
- Back Side Photo
- Right Side Photo
- Assessment of gait includes three types of walking
- Walking normally
- Walking with a heel strike
- Walking with a toe strike
- Assessment of posture includes three types of photos
- Once these assessments are done, clients will be seen inside the consultation room.
- The Nervoscope is used to assess any misalignments or subluxations.
- An exam is conducted in both static and stationary forms
- Dr. Su will send you home with a referral for a a full spinal X-ray to be taken at St. Luke’s Global in BGC. (Dr. Su prefers this location for the full spinal because they have already been working with the technicians in St. Luke’s Global and it makes things easier for him when assessing and suggesting an individualized treatment plan for each client.)
- After you receive the digital results of your X-ray, you can go back to Dr. Su and it is only at that time that he can suggest a line of treatments that would fit one’s needs, and satisfy the body’s natural ability to heal itself.
It is very easy to see what kind of treatment you can expect by watching this informative documentation of one of Dr. Daniel’s patients. His name is Ivan and came into the office a while back when he could no longer sit or walk upright. When I first viewed this video, I was amazed with the results.
What else can you visit the Spinal Care Chiropractic office for?
- Hip problems
- Should, elbow, and wrist problems
- Knee and foot problems
- Pregnancy and childbirth
- Children’s development
- Improving posture
- Sleeping disorders
- Reduction of the occurrence of common colds and strengthening one’s immune system
If that doesn’t speak to a more holistic approach to health and well being, I’m not sure what does. I am actually excited to learn more about how the Gonstead method of Chiropractic care can help me in my 2018 quest to feeling better.
I think that if I couple this alternative treatment with the right diet, and regular exercise, I may be able to find a healthy balance that works for me.
As with any alternative treatment, it is always important to seek the advice of your own primary doctor. Perhaps I even liken it to the same approach I would have when talking about Gelli’s education. All her teachers talk regularly to collaborate on how we can meet her individualized goals for the school year.
In this case, it’s even better to get all the doctors on the same page when seeking different healing modalities to achieve the best and safest results.
If you would like to visit the Spinal Care Chiropractic Office be sure to book your appointment in advance.
Spinal Care Chiropractic
9th floor of Menarco Tower
Bonifacio Global City