Looking for a savory snack that’s quick and easy?
Gellibean loved ’em!
“I like it!”
Vegan Sweet Potato Pancakes
Write a review
- 4 Taiwan kamote, peeled, and grated
- 2 tbs milled flax mixed in 6 tbs water
- 6 tbs all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbs chopped green onions
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- grape seed oil to fry
- sour cream or applesauce to dip
For the milled flax mixture
- Mix it in 6 tbs water. Let the flaxseed absorb the water and set aside.
For the pancakes
- Peel the potatoes and grate them lengthwise. Combine the potatoes in a bowl with the all purpose flour, baking powder, green onions, milled flax mixture, salt, and pepper. Mix well.
- Heat a cast iron pan or nonstick skillet over medium-low heat; put a bit of grape seed oil in a skillet.
- Drop a heaping tablespoon of the potato mixture into the oil. Flatten with a spatula and cook for 2 minutes. Turn, flatten again, and cook for another 2 minutes, until crisp on the outside and golden brown. Serve the pancakes hot from the skillet with sour cream, applesauce, or hummus to dip in.
- To keep this recipe vegan, use applesauce or hummus as your dip instead of sour cream.
Momma 'N Manila http://www.mommanmanila.com/