Happy Anniversary to us!
For our anniversary, I asked Nino to collaborate on a post with me. Thankfully, he obliged.
1. I never knew that my existence was actually for somebody else.
2. She always has my back.
3. Whenever I am faced with a tough important decision, hers is the only opinion that matters.
4. My reflection in her eyes is the only one that matters.
5. My secrets are always safe with her.
6. Every now and then, I need her to take time for herself.
7. Even if I try my hardest, I can never win an argument with her when I am wrong.
8. My children are lucky to have her.
9. She is the glue that binds her side of the family, and with that comes great responsibility.
10. People are finally seeing who she truly is here on mommanmanila.
11. She is a giver not a taker.
12. She is the perfect mom for our Gelli.
13. We can tackle and overcome any situation so long as we are together.
14. She is a both a cooker and an eater.
15. It’s better whenever she finishes first.
16. She can communicate with her eyes.
17. She’s always right.
1. He wasn’t my Best Friend when we got married.
2. But he became my Best Friend through the years.
3. He’s the reason why I I LOVE MY FIRST JOB…motherhood…because without him, I wouldn’t be the mother I am today.
4. He’s my biggest fan.
5. He’s my worst critic.
6. He doesn’t let anything slide…especially, if he knows I can do better.
7. I love getting in the kitchen. BUT not with him. I compare him to Gordon Ramsey…He makes the kitchen HOT like “Hell’s Kitchen.”
8. The number 8 is very significant for us.
9. Technically, we were related by marriage when we met.
10. I knew that when I fell in love with him, that our story would eventually bring us back to the place where we met…here in Manila.
11. He’s the first and only Asian boy I ever dated.
12. He’s so tender, with both me and our children. He has a compassionate heart.
13. When we were dating, I knew we were a good match because I was really good with words, and he was really good with numbers. Our kids would at least have the advantage of one…
14. He asked me to marry him while under the stars, on a brisk evening in The Hudson Valley.
15. We got married on the same day, two years to the date that we met.
16. We will be building our first home together very soon.
17. He’s always right.
Another thing I have learned?
Being married is not hard if you choose the right partner, and having a really great marriage does NOT mean that you don’t fight…it just means that you know HOW to fight or disagree. I can readily admit, that in our 17 years of being married we have had our fair share of disagreements…but one thing we always remember is that we are on the same team.
The only difference from our beginning until now?
Our team has grown from two to six.