There’s a new joint in Makati’s central business district located in Ayala Triangle Gardens, and it goes by the name of Camp Curry Philippines.
Known as Tokyo’s best curry, Camp is here in Manila.
This Japanese Curry restaurant was founded by Takashi Sakasi in Yoyogi, Tokyo Japan.
He loves camping, the outdoors, and of course, Curry.
You will immediately see and feel the camping vibe of this restaurant even when you’re outside.
From the waiters’ uniforms, the hammock strewn across the rustic rafters, and even camping equipment which is displayed on the walls, to even their utensils, diners will enjoy a relaxed camping vibe.
First, we tasted the Master’s recommendation, the BBQ Pork Belly & Brown Keema Curry (PHP 330).
The meat is incredibly tender and curry lovers will distinguish the sweet and smoky flavor of the special BBQ sauce which the Pork Belly is marinated and basted with generously.
Second, we tried the BBQ Chicken & Brown Keema Curry (PHP 290)
Diners can choose from the fixed menu or they can experiment with the different variations according to their preference.
- All dishes are served with rice.
- You can choose from a variety of different chunky seasonal grilled veggies:
- cherry tomatoes
- purple cabbage
- baby corn
They serve three curry sauces:
- Original, the Brown Keema Curry Series
– A Tokyo original curry base mixed with minced chicken.
- 100% Vegetable, Green Vegeful Curry Series
– If you’re on the healthier side, this is a unique twist to Thai curry with a hint of wasabi.
- Manila Special, Red Bisque Curry Series
– Made exclusively here in Manila, a seafood based curry sauce made of tomatoes and fresh shrimps blended with out special curry base.
You can also choose your level of spice: from Original to Hot.
Pairing your meal with their thick and creamy yogurt drink, Lassi, is an option to help you cool off from your level of spice.
What makes Camp unique to other curry restaurants is their open kitchen.
Campers can see their food being prepared and watch as their dishes are brought to their tables. The smell of curry fills the air, and prompts your taste buds as well.
Camp’s S’more Special (PHP 180)
Of course there is a S’mores dish on the menu!!!