I try to keep what I give the kids in the lunchbox somewhat healthy for the kids. There are times when there are a LOT of sweets in the house. And then there are times where I’m very strict with what the kids eat. I suppose it’s up to me to be a little bit more consistent with our healthy eating habits, and for this I know I am doing better.
Ultimately, I know that if it’s easy to put together, I can manage it on a regular basis. It’s kinda like my yoga practice. I choose to practice in a yoga studio that’s close to my home…and even with it being so close in proximity AND me loving on the studio owner, I still find it difficult to be consistent because having kids just means you gotta be ready for the curve balls of parenting and balancing schedules. School functions, meetings, and activities don’t always allow for a consistent yoga practice for me, BUT once the kids are all in school, it’s easy for me to buckle down, whip up some easy baked goods in the kitchen and keep them in an airtight container for the kids’ lunch boxes for the week. I researched a few recipes and came up with this one which I adapted from The Kitchen Treaty. After baking them I realized they definitely needed something a little more and by this, I mean CRUNCH. So, I added almonds or walnuts to the recipe I’m writing here, knowing that it will be nicer when you bite with a little crunch into these Dole Morning Glory Muffins.
Each DOLE-licious gift basket contains:
1 can Pineapple Tidbits
1 can Pineapple Chunks
1 pack Tomato Sauce
1 pack Sweet Style Butter & Cream Spaghetti Sauce
2 cans Pineapple Juice
2 cans Tropical Fruit Cocktail
1 Pot Holder
1 Microfiber Kitchen Towel
And all you have to do to enter to win is:
1. Like Dole on Facebook.
2. Follow Dole on Instagram.
3. Like Momma ‘N Manila on Facebook.
4. Follow @mommanmanila on Instagram.
5. Post a photo on either IG or FB with the following hashtags #dolechefmom #funcooking. The photo can be a dish you created in your kitchen or you having fun in the kitchen preparing a dish. BE SURE TO TAG @mommanmanila and set the post to public so I can see it.
6. Contest will run from July 1-14.
7. Winners will be picked and emailed immediately. Winners must respond within 1 week to email with current address and contact information. If the winner does not respond within one week, a new winner will be drawn.
8. DOLE will deliver baskets to each winner.