I feel like every year is going faster and faster.
I never imagined it to be that way. In fact, when my dad said all those years ago “The years will go by faster and faster. Soon you will blink and Gia will be a young lady going off to college.”
Thanks Dad. You did it again.
I blinked. Gia is not yet off to college, so I still have some time before I will be writing about that, but it has gone by very fast. Without thinking too hard, I sat down to write this post and I wanted to come up with some goals for 2015. These are some short term goals, off the top of my head…without putting too much thought into just as I’m sitting here typing…
1. I want to change up the blog. I feel like I need to focus more on what I enjoy doing, and what really interests me. I would like to create a little tab for Gia, because she also mentioned that she would like to write and contribute (or maybe even start her own blog) since we do so many things together.
2. I want to study a language. Maybe I will revisit French, like my good friend Jen, since I studied that in high school, or maybe I will bite the bullet and work with a tutor for Tagalog already too. (I promise to work on my accent. Promise talaga.)
3. I want to take singing lessons. Yes. I do. No judgement. Ok?
4. I want to learn how to make a souffle. It doesn’t matter if it’s sweet or savory…I want to try and I want to succeed. Once I can make it for myself, I will try and serve it to my friends too. Maybe I can try this out in The Viking Range PH Kitchen. Actually, I want to just up the level of the food I prepare. When I say “level up” I want to cook and bake healthier, learn new techniques…maybe even go to school to learn more…be more…and do more in the kitchen.
5. I want to visit a new festival here in the Philippines. A few years back, I promised myself that I would visit one festival a year so I could see all the different places with my family. I want my children to know and learn about each of these places too. So far we have visited Marinduque for the Moriones Festival, and Quezon for the Pahiyas Festival.
6. I want to practice my Tagalog more. So that means, if you see me and are patient, strike up a conversation in Tagalog. Be prepared to laugh. But laugh with me…not at me, okay?
7. I want to learn a new technique in Bento Boxing and packing lunches for my kids. I want to share that technique with others as well.
8. I want to take a trip with Nino. Just the two of us. We haven’t done that since our 10 year anniversary. It’s so important to invest time in your relationship with your husband. Connecting with each other outside of being a Mom and a Dad is just as important as the parenting stuff. It’s something we learned when we attended the Marriage Encounter Weekend Seminar all those years ago. We picked up some really great tips on how to be better to one another.
9. I want to contribute at least one more piece per month to other publications. These can be parenting magazines or news organizations online or in print.
10. I want to work on my handstand. Calling on my teachers in Bikram! I will be back. I promise myself a more committed practice. And yes, I will be a better student. I will not just attend the challenge and then see everyone again in 6 months for the NEXT challenge. This is the hard part for me. I love getting back into the hot room after a long hiatus, BUT I am not so consistent with my practice.
11. I just want to be healthier. I want to make better choices not just for myself but for my kids. I try my best not to judge or be hard on myself when I’m so darn tired, but I think part of the reason why I’m so tired is not only my diet, but spreading myself too thin. I will work on staying focused. This will be good all around…for everyone…
12. I want to take better care of myself and my skin. This means I don’t want to carry around the guilt that I have felt in the past when I spend for myself. I’m not getting any younger and I can feel and see the affects of maturing…(notice I did not say getting old!) hahahaha.
13. I want to give my kids more hugs. As I was sitting here writing my draft, Gia came in and wrote a goal for me. This one is it. I guess she thinks I don’t hug enough. I will make it my business to hug a LOT more!
What are your goals for this year? Do you have any New Year’s resolutions?
Remember…no goal is too small or too big. I have only highlighted some of the things I want to work on this year 🙂 Hope you can share some of yours!