My kids love fruit.
I love almost all kinds of fruit. (Unfortunately, I have yet to grow in my affection for Durian.)
We have fruit that we slice and keep in the freezer for shakes and smoothie bowls. We have fruit that is always out on the table. We have other fruits that we just love to peel and eat.
Many of these types of fruit go well with salads and desserts. I love the juxtaposition of a tart Washington Granny Smith that goes so well with dried sweet cranberries and blue cheese. This kind of salad is yummy served with a honey vinaigrette.
I also love the juicy sweet meaty goodness of my new found citrus love. Last year, I received the gift of sunshine from Australia in the form of delicious ready to eat oranges. I have always encouraged my kids to have orange juice when they are under the weather. We all know the benefits of Vitamin C when our immune system has been compromised, right?
Well these Australian oranges are probably the best I have had. Serious. I’m not joking. I can eat two oranges peeled in one sitting. They are sweet as candy and juicier than any other Orange I have had in years.
In fact, Diego loves them so much that he can eat even more in one sitting if I allow it. While I do enjoy seeing him increase his fiber intake, he does this usually around meal times and I get frustrated because he doesn’t end up eating a proper meal.
I thought it would be great to share this go to favorite salad of mine whenever we have beets and oranges that are sweet like this!
But before I do that check out some of the many benefits to enjoying #GoAussieOrangesNow:
- Aussie Oranges are extremely rich in antioxidants that keeps your ageing process in check.
- They’re full of flavonoids that fight off CANCER and HEART DISEASE.
- They’re high in VITAMIN C, a well-known immunity booster!
- They have naturally high-water content to help you stay hydrated!
- They help reduce risk of stroke by 5-6 times versus any fruit or vegetable.
- They’re low-fat, nutrient dense food against overweight and obesity!
- They contain baby friendly folate for a healthy pregnancy!
- They have dietary fiber that keeps our insides healthy and improves blood cholesterol.
- They’re made up potent bundle of heart-healthy nutrients.
- These oranges are yummy, refreshing super fruit that helps you maintain A healthy immune system!
Since it is rainy season here, in the Philippines, unlike the typically carefree days of summer, staying healthy during the monsoon season in the tropics is a bit more challenging.
One way we can get a jump start on staying healthy is with yummy salads like this!