I have always tried to be mindful of what we feed my kids. This means that I know whole foods are best. Fresh is of course, better, and what we can’t make up for through our food intake, we can supplement in our smoothies and shakes with the help of superfood powders. V-Pharma has been supplying mommas all over the metro with different ways to supplement their diets and maintain a healthy lifestyle with vitamins, minerals, and nutrition for more than a year. And now, they recently added to their arsenal of goodness for mommas and families alike with Herbilogy.
Vince and Kim Dy launched their newest line of products in the Siematic kitchen, earlier this year, demonstrating exactly how easy it is to incorporate Herbilogy plant based extracts into our families’ diets. With demonstrations by moms, chefs, and fitness enthusiasts, everyone in attendance was able to take home ideas on how to incorporate these water soluble powders with ease.
It’s no surprise that the power couple behind VPharma chose to launch their new natural wellness brand from Indonesia with the help of other moms like Xandra Rocha and Maricel Cua. This brand focuses on moms’ health, and uses plant based extracts as their main ingredients, with mommas behind it who are experts in science and the technology.
What is Herbilogy?
They focus on moms’ health using plant based extracts. They come in superfood powder form, herb infused teas, and herb extracts in vegetable capsules with all natural oils. The ingredients are carefully selected and directly sourced from farmers.
All their products are FDA and Halal certified, and manufactured in a WHO-GMP certified facility. This means that you will get the best quality natural and wellness products when you include them in your daily routines.
What makes Herbilogy different from other super food powders?
- Plant extracts are concentrated.
- Standardized active ingredients means exact measurements
- They include phyto ingredients, which means it’s good for you.
- There is consistency so, for every teaspoon it’s counted.
- In other words, 1 teaspoon of moringa is equal to 10 moringa leaves.
- They are water soluble.
Great ideas come from Mothers in need
During the recent media event, Indonesian representative, Deborah, shared how she came up with the idea for Herbilogy. A biochemist by education, her job as a mother left her struggling. Her desire to be the best mother she could be to her son Philip, birthed Herbilogy in her lab as a chemist. She knew that if she was feeling tired, not getting what her body needed, and looking for answers, that other mothers were doing the same.
She knew and understood what so many of us know and try to live, as we mother our children, keep our homes, further our careers, And nurture our relationships.
We have to be strong for our families.
And we have to find simple ways to make our lives easier.
This is why I am learning more and more about VPharma and Herbilogy.
Burning the candle at both ends
Admittedly, I have been struggling the last few years. Struggling to find my footing. To achieve some sense of balance. To get the right amount of rest. To make sure nothing falls through the cracks. And to take care of myself, while making sure Nino and the kids have what they need to. (And believe you-me, I have also realized exactly what our NEEDS really are.)
So, because of the advanced design and formulation found in these SUPERFOOD POWDERS, I am comfortable incorporating these supplements into my diet, and the diet of my kiddos without them even noticing.
Incorporating Healthier Choices into Our Routine
Here’s our routine in the morning.
After waking up and remembering to say a prayer of thanks, my first task of the day is to make breakfast and pack lunches. While most of the lunches that I pack for the four kids are ultimately the same (save for portion sizes) their breakfasts are very different.
Gelli is my girl who loves rice.
Gia is my girl who loves shakes.
Jegs enjoys cereal or toast.
Mig opts out and says he has no time.
But all of the kids really do love their smoothies (Even Nino too) and shakes. And admittedly, after purchasing our Vitamix, I love making them with ease. I sneak things like kale into our green smoothies. I use raw honey to sweeten it when necessary, and I use our superfood powders to supplement their vitamin and mineral intake without asking them for permission.
But, sometimes, when Gia is already in the car on the way to school, she will message me.
Gia: Mom. What did you put in my shake?
Me: The usual.
Gia: Yeah. But what?
Me: Pineapple, Mango, Saba, Almond Milk.
Gia: Mom. You put something else. It tastes like dirt.
Me: Ok. Ok. Ok. I put some superfood powders in. You need it. You look so tired.
Gia: Mom. Please warn me next time.
The truth is, many of the superfood powders that I have used do leave a different after taste, and that is a challenge. In this case, I would say that Herbilogy powders are the only ones on the market right now who have mastered water solubility. HOORAY for Gia not even realizing the first day that I added them to her shake!
Ok. So there are so many ways you can choose a healthier lifestyle (not just with Herbilogy supplements) that can start with little changes in your routine which will be great for you as a momma and for your family as well.
Healthier Choices Made Even Easier
Here are some ideas we got from the media event which I found to be a great start to taking better care of the whole family.
- Drink more water. Jumpstart your day with two glasses of water and get your metabolism going.
- Stretch. Stretching in the morning boosts your mood, and gets circulation going too.
- Add one teaspoon of Herbilogy Superfood powders to your coffee, tea, smoothie, lemon water.
- Take a 30 minute break and get your heart rate up. Something as simple as moving for this long is good for the heart and the endorphins.
- Take a mid-day stretch break.
- EAT 5 colors a day. This means eating all the different colors of the rainbow. It’s a rule for my kids. If they don’t want to eat the veggies. They MUST eat the fruits. Sometimes I can knock that out in one smoothie!
- Drink more green tea. Green Tea contains catechins and ECGC that trick your body cells into “starvationmode” and burn the fat to “feed the starve.” You will feel full, and burn fat at the same time! #FTW
- Use a smaller plate and fill it with more whole foods.
- Get rid of sugar and soda and make dessert a “cheat day” treat.
- Go to parties, grocery stores, and malls on a full stomach. (THIS.)
- Get a tongue scraper. (USE IT TOO)
- Detox from electronics. Set aside time to disconnect. Charge your phone in another room while you sleep. WE NEED OUR SLEEP!
Here is a great way you can incorporate these products into your morning routine. This is Gia’s favorite combination of her frozen fruit smoothie that she brings with her to school.
[yumprint-recipe id=’39’]Check out all the other products Vpharma has for busy mommas and the families we take care of: