When I make waffles and pancakes I usually make a big batch so that we can enjoy them together in a leisurely for brunch. Leftovers are usually put in freezer bags or containers separated by parchment paper for the kids to enjoy later. Frozen pancakes and waffles are a great mid-week breakfast for those busy days. This recipe for matcha pancakes can be doubled, and extras can keep in the freezer.
Almost all Mine
Funny thing is, my kids do not enjoy Matcha Pancakes. We realized this after I made a big batch and put them on the table for us to enjoy. I definitely had more time on my hands during ECQ to try the dishes and recipes that I have been pinning on Pinterest. This recipe was fun and easy to make. I enjoyed the process, and only had to share with Gia. She is the only other matcha lover in the house.
Easy to Use Herbilogy Supplements
This was one of those days when I was thankful that I have an “in-house” production team through Nino and Gia. We made these pancakes with the help of my Herbilogy Matcha Powder, and these guys not only made the coconut cream but conceptualized the shots and edited my photos.
Can you say teamwork?
Cut to the Matcha
Oh, and because Miguel wants to know what kind of blogger just doesn’t give us the recipe to what we are searching for, and instead gives us this long winded story behind the recipe, what worked and what didn’t and blah blah blah blah….so I will just jump right in and let you know that you can get the recipe here!
- 2/3 c almond flour
- 1/3 c coconut flour
- 2 tbsp Herbilogy Matcha Powder
- 1 1/2 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 c coconut sugar
- pinch salt
- 1 c almond milk
- 1/3 c coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs separated
- Combine all dry ingredients in a medium sized bowl. Set aside.
- Beat egg yolks, almond milk, coconut oil and vanilla in a large mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Add dry ingredients into milk mixture , incorporating after each dry addition.
- Whip egg whites until stiff peaks are formed, and fold into pancake mixture.
- In a hot pan, greased with butter, add batter. When the batter starts to bubble, flip and cook until the edges are light golden brown.
Find Easy to Use Supplements
Herbilogy Supplemental Powders can be found at WeNourish.