Confession: Sometimes, I really don’t feel like cooking.
When I didn’t have the desire to cook in the past, I would ask one of my trusted helpers to cook something up for the whole family. That usually means that it would be a delicious Filipino dish, like adobo, sinigang, nilaga, or even menudo. My helper has moved on now, and I miss her…especially on days like this particular day when I was uninspired to move in the kitchen.
It was a good thing that Gianina was in the kitchen with me. She turned on the music, and started looking for things to eat. Together, we whipped up this dinner and we all sat around the counter, choosing our ingredients for our whole wheat wraps, tossing them in salad dressing and enjoying them as we recounted the events of our days together.
Don’t feel like cooking? Throw it in a wrap!
Here’s what Gia and I did together and had dinner on the table in 40 minutes.
- sautéed chorizo
- sautéed shrimp with garlic in butter
- tossed organic cauliflower in some olive oil, himalyan salt and pepper and roasted in my Philips Air Fryer
- tossed some tomatoes in olive oil, salt, pepper, and a pinch of sugar and roasted in my Philips Air Fryer
- brought some left over egg salad out of the ref
- chopped up some feta cheese
- boiled up some quinoa
- washed and chopped up some romaine lettuce
I’m sure there are so many things I could throw in a wrap if I just looked in my fridge a little longer…
- sundried tomatoes
- shredded leftover chicken
- sauteed mushrooms
- any kind of fresh leafy vegetable
- sunflower seeds, pistachio nuts, walnuts
- any kind of crumbly cheese
- canned tuna
French Baker has spinach and tomato wraps that I have seen every now and again. I always have Village Gourmet Whole Wheat Tortillas in the freezer. Sometimes I make the chips for our hummus, sometimes I make them mini pizzas, sometimes we have burritos and tacos. Most of the time I use them to house a lot of different leftovers with cheese and I fry them up in a pan to make quesadillas for the lunchboxes.
I feel like there are so many possibilities for wraps and tortillas…hmmmm…now I’m feeling a bit inspired…