If you have been following along on Instagram, you know that I have made some lifestyle changes to a strictly Keto Vegan diet. Nino and I have gone keto to try and shed some unwanted pounds that we have acquired over the last year, and we couldn’t be more pleased with the results from the past two weeks. While we both have enjoyed the variety of dishes that are being sent over every day, one thing I am missing is the lack of crunchy things in my diet. Hence, this new post on how to make Keto Vegan Crackers.
The basics of a Ketogenic diet include cutting out carbs and sugar so that your body will begin to burn the fat instead. In my case, the added restrictions of no eggs, dairy, and meat has helped me avoid my food intolerances, which almost always cause bloating and discomfort.
I have started researching some snacks and recipes, and honestly, I am only missing a few things. I miss my apples (that I eat every day with Jif Crunchy Peanut Butter) and I miss crunchy food like chips and crackers.
When I found this recipe on Pinterest, I just adjusted it to make a bigger batch (so I spend less time in the kitchen, and added more nuts and seeds for the crunch that I was missing, too.
Bravery in the kitchen
Even trying out vegan options for baking before I was able to go Keto was like a stepping stone for me. Every time I make something, I feel so unsure of myself because it’s a completely different way of preparing food.
View this post on Instagram
The key to my new found Vegan baking experiments, has been Sagana Coconut Spread. With this vegan alternative that tastes JUST LIKE BUTTER, I have become more and more bold to try vegan sweet treats and now these crackers.
Keto Vegan Crackers
- 2 tbsp Chia Seeds Set in 2/3 c water
- 2 c Almond Flour
- 1/3 c Nutritional Yeast
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 c Sagana Coconut Spread
- 1/2 c pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 c flax seeds
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees C
- Combine the Chia seeds and water in a bowl and let sit for 10-12 minutes.
- In another bowl combine all dry ingredients.
- Add Chia seeds to dry ingredients.
- Add melted Sagana Coconut Spread to all ingredients to form a ball.
- Roll out dough between two pieces of parchment paper until 1/4" thick. Cut into bite sized crackers, and remove top parchment paper and set aside.
- Bake on flat baking sheet for 5-6 minutes and turn.
- Bake for another 4-5 minutes until crispy.
- Let cool for 5 minutes. Enjoy. Store crackers in an air tight container.
- Sagana Coconut Spread is available here.
- Make sure to buy almond flour and other baking ingredients by visiting Gavino’s Bake Shop.
- You can substitute any of the nuts and seeds for ones that you like too.
- If you like your crackers super crunchy, leave them in the oven a little bit longer but on a lower heat.
- And if you are new to Keto Living or the Keto diet-check them out on Instagram to get you started in an easy and fuss free way.
Let me know if you are able to make them?
Share and tag me in the photo should you post it?
I would love to see how you make the recipe your own, or even better than mine!